My Favorite Holidays

Limassol, Cyprus - Christmas Tree 2016 Andreas Komodromos via

Compfight                My favorite holidays are Christmas, Thanksgiving and my birthday. I enjoy these holidays because they are all such fun times but also they happen within 1 month of each other. My birthday is on October 25th. It’s very close to Halloween which I like. On the real day of my birthday, when I wake up,  I go to the kitchen and open some small gifts from my parents. Then usually the next day or so I invite a few of my closest friends and we go skating or something fun like that. That current week I will receive most of my presents from family and friends. I think the main reason why I like my birthday is because I always get to see some of my friends and do something fun with them. It’s kind of my own small tradition.

Now, Thanksgiving!! This happens on November 23rd. If you don’t know what Thanksgiving is it’s an American holiday having to do with the first pilgrims who came from foreign countries. If you want to know more check out this cool website by ALGAZEERA explaining briefly what I’m talking about exactly. I love Thanksgiving because i get to see family members that I have not saw in a long time. We also eat food such as turkey, stuffing, ham, cranberry sauce, mash potatoes and pumpkin pie! I love playing games and eating good food with my mom’s side of the family. We have a tradition of playing a games such as Password and Monopoly which is really fun.

Finally, my favorite holiday. CHRISTMAS!!!!! I love Christmas the most because it’s like my birthday and Thanksgiving combined. You get presents and also a Christmas meal that usually consists of ham or something similar. Every year on December 15th we get a real tree and put up all the lights and ornaments. A big family tradition is that we always get a real alive tree and put it in our house. I like having a real tree instead of an artificial because when I wake up it smells like pine. My parents try to get a tree that still has a bulb on it so we can replant it when we are done using it. We normally keep our tree up until late January. another tradition is going to church that Sunday and having a candle lit service. I really enjoy these holidays the most!

If you are don’t know what Christmas is then check out this really cool page by History!